Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2019-05-29 Origin: Site
Metal fabrication is a basic processing technology in today’s society, however, do you actually know how does metal fabrication work? Do you know the process of metal fabrication? Today, this article will tell you what is metal fabrication and we will also tell you the process of metal fabrication.
List: 1. Definition of Metal Fabrication
2. Process of Metal Fabrication
3. Matters needing attention
Metal manufacturing produces metal structures by cutting, bending and assembling processes. It is a value-added process involving the creation of machines, parts and structures from various raw materials. Usually, the manufacturing workshop will bid on the job according to the engineering drawings, and if a contract is awarded, the product will be constructed. Large factories use a variety of value-added processes, including welding, cutting, forming and processing. Metal processing usually begins with drawings with precise sizes and specifications. Manufacturing workshops are employed by contractors, original equipment manufacturers and value-added distributors. Typical projects include loose components, structural frameworks for buildings and heavy equipment, and staircases and handrails. Like other manufacturing processes, manual and automation are commonly used. Manufactured products can be called manufacturing, and stores specializing in this kind of work are called manufacturing workshops. Other common types of metal processing end products, such as mechanical processing, metal stamping, forging and casting, can be similar in shape and function, but these processes are not manufacturing.
1. Material selection. Choose raw materials, including wire, metal plates, square tubes and round tubes. Wire-type products first need to straighten bundles of wire through a special machine.
2. Cutting. Intercept the specifications applicable to the products produced, and consider the process loss and reasonable allocation.
3. Rolling forming. The parts of the product are preliminarily formed by punching, bending and cutting with special dies.
4. Assemble. Use special clamps to secure the parts for accurate soldering for consistent product consistency.
5. Welding. The fixture fixtures will be welded into a whole. The welding methods include spot welding (rough weld scar), argon arc welding (gas shielded welding, beautiful weld scar) and so on.
6. Pre-processing. The welded product is ground with slag and deburred (45° beveled) to make the surface smooth and tidy; then it is subjected to pickling (rust prevention), phosphating (forming phosphating film, antiseptic and facilitating powder adhesion) treatment.
7. Dusting (surface treatment). Move the product to the spraying workshop, and then hang it on the automatic conveying device. First, after a strong wind drying process (removing surface impurities, oil stains, etc.), it is baked in the oven after spraying powder in the spray booth (time 10~30 minutes, The temperature is 140 ° C ~ 220 ° C), and finally dried to obtain the finished product.
8. Product packaging. The final inspection of the product before packaging, mainly repairing some of the sprayed defects, and reworking the unqualified products in time. For disassembled products, manually assemble a set before packaging to check the assembly effect of the product. Shipped after all confirmations are correct.
Get basic information about a part. Part design drawings, technical materials, and batches of assembly drawings and parts. Relevant technical standards required for parts such as enterprise standards and process documents and quality standards for acceptance. The manufacturing capacity of existing process equipment and special equipment, the specifications and performance of process equipment, and the technical level of workers.
Choose the right machine tool. Although CNC has strict CNC machine tool operating specifications and good machine tool maintenance, its own precision loss is inevitable. In order to control the quality, we regularly inspect and repair the CNC equipment, clarify the accuracy of each equipment, and clarify the tasks of each equipment. Strictly distinguish between coarse and fine equipment, because the high speed, high removal rate and low precision are pursued in rough work, while Seiko is the opposite. Achieve reasonable matching of existing equipment resources, clear division of labor, minimize the impact of machine tools on quality, while protecting expensive CNC equipment and extending the life of equipment.
Manufacturing process analysis of parts. The shape and size of parts, the type, specification, shape, heat treatment status and hardness of raw materials are analyzed. Using these original information is helpful for NC planning. Completeness and correctness analysis of part drawings: the view of parts should meet the requirements of national standards, and the position should be expressed clearly; the relationship between geometric elements (points, lines, planes) should be accurate (such as tangent, intersection, parallel); and the dimension marking should be complete and clear. For the analysis and research of assembly drawings, it is mainly to familiarize with the performance and use, to define the position and function of parts assembly, to understand the basis for the formulation of technical conditions on the part drawings, to find out the main technical key problems, and to lay the foundation for the formulation of the correct scheme. Of course, the analysis and research of assembly drawings can not be carried out in the process analysis of common parts. Dimension labeling methods of part drawings include local scattered labeling, centralized labeling and coordinate labeling. For parts on CNC machine tools, on the premise of guaranteeing their performance, the dimension on part drawings should be labeled centrally or with the same benchmark as far as possible, which not only facilitates NC programming, but also facilitates the unification of design benchmark, process benchmark and programming origin. The analysis and research of part drawings are mainly to examine the process of parts, such as checking the view of design drawings, dimension labeling, technical requirements for errors and omissions, especially for parts with poor structural workmanship. If possible, the designers should communicate with the designers or put forward suggestions for modification. It is up to the designers to decide whether to make necessary modifications and improvements. The structural technicality of parts refers to the feasibility and economy of manufacturing the parts designed under the premise of meeting the requirements of service performance. Through the analysis of the structural characteristics, accuracy requirements and complexity of parts, the methods needed for parts and the types and specifications of NC machine tools can be determined. The technical requirements of parts mainly include dimension accuracy, shape accuracy, position accuracy, surface roughness and heat meter processing requirements. These technical requirements should be the limit value under the premise of ensuring the performance of parts. To analyze the technical requirements of parts, we mainly analyze the rationality of these technical requirements and the possibility of their realization, focusing on the analysis of the accuracy and technical requirements of important surfaces and parts, in order to prepare for the formulation of reasonable schemes.
From the information given above, we believe that you have already know what is metal fabrication, also you know the process of using it. What’s more, you also know what should be paid attention to during manufacturing.